Information about the processing of personal data
The purpose of this statement is to explain how the Slovenský plynárenský a naftový zväz (“Slovak Gas and Oil Association) with registered seat at Mlynské nivy 44/a, 821 09 Bratislava, Slovak Republic, registration no.: 30845475, registered by the Ministry of Home Affairs of the Slovak Republic VVS/1-2200/90-237_6/B, processes personal data of the data subjects and what are their rights in compliance with the general data protection regulation.
1. How Slovak Gas and Oil Association collects personal data
Slovak Gas and Oil Association collects personal data in the following ways:
- from the existing database of participants in previous events,
- from publicly accessible sources such as public registers and lists;
- from persons who voluntarily provided their personal data to the Association and granted their consent to processing (over the telephone, email, by way of Association’s website, when registering to an event organized by the Association etc.);
- the Association collects and processes the personal data of authors of contributions at an event, articles in the magazine and the competition of diploma theses only to the reasonable extent with respect to the purpose of data processing, The Association puts special emphasis on the safety and protection of personal data and the rights of the data subjects. The impossibility of storing the personal data of the event participants could result in our inability to perform our key activity – organizing of educational events (conferences, seminars, workshops etc.)
2. The legal basis and the purpose of data processing
The Association processes personal data based on the following legal bases provisioned in the general data protection regulation and the personal data protection act:
- Legitimate interest
the Association may process personal data of data subjects should this be essential for the legitimate interests of the Association or any third parties, however, with the exception of the cases when such interests are overridden by essential rights and liberties of the data subject that require protection of personal data, in particular, if the data subject is a child. Such legitimate interests of the Association are mainly the following:
- protection of the rights to which the Association is entitled based on generally binding legal regulations and contracts in relation to contractual partners and other parties; to this end, the Association keeps personal data no longer than throughout the period essential to protect any such rights and legitimate interests;
- marketing activities of the Association; this mainly means the provision of information about the activities organized by the Slovak Gas and Oil Association. This marketing communication is sent out occasionally, typically several times a year; to this end, the Association stores personal data only for the period in which the legitimate interest of the Association continues to exist.
- Performance of a contract
Slovak Gas and Oil Association processes personal data of data subjects for the purposes related to the performance of contractual obligations of both parties, in particular, entering into, amending and termination of a contract and contractual relations resulting from an application to participate in an event organized by the Association. Provision of personal data by the data subject to the Association in the necessary extent is a condition to conclude a contract or participate in an event. The failure to provide personal data may result in the impossibility to attend the event organized by the Association. The Association shall inform the data subject with regards to which personal data is essential to conclude a contract and which data can be provided for example to improve communication efficiency.
The Association stores personal data for the purpose of contractual performance for the period of duration of the contractual relationship between the Association and the data subject and for the necessary time after the relationship ceases to exist.
- Performing a legal obligation
The Association may process personal data including its provision to state authorities and other parties should this obligation arise under applicable legislation. For example, the Association may, due to its legal obligation, provide personal data to the Regulatory Office for Network Industries, Slovak Trade Inspection Authority, law enforcement agencies or other state authorities or agencies.
The Association stores personal data for the purposes of performing its legal obligations not longer than for the minimum period necessary to perform the respective obligations provisioned by the generally binding legal regulations.
- Consent provided by the data subject
The Association processes personal data of data subjects based on the consent explicitly granted by the data subject.
The Association stores personal data process based on consent provided by the data subject not longer than for the period while the above consent is applicable or until the consent is withdrawn, depending on which of the above options takes place sooner.
3. The recipients of personal data
Personal data of participants of the events organized by the Slovak Gas and Oil Association may be:
- published in the form of a photograph for the purposes of informing the public about the Association’s activity as well as to prove attendance,
- provided to third parties should this be required to prove attendance of an event (to the participant’s employer, or the organization that has delegated the participant to attend the event)
- should this be required by a generally binding legal regulation or a legitimate interest of the Slovak Gas and Oil Association.
4. The rights of the data subjects
Data subject is entitled to:
- Request the following from the Association:
- documents stating whether or not his/her personal data is processed; should the personal data be not obtained from the data subjects; the data subject may request provision of any available information when it comes to the source of the data (“the right of access to personal data”);
- should the data subject’s personal data be processed, to gain access to personal data and other information and to obtain a copy of the personal data that the Association is processing (“the right to be informed about processing”); the Association is entitled to charge the data subject an appropriate administrative fee in relation to this request for a copy of personal data;
- rectification of incorrect/incomplete personal data that the Association is processing (“the right to rectification”);
- erasure of personal data, if any of the reasons indicated in the regulation or the personal data protection act is fulfilled; particularly, should the personal data be not necessary for the purposes for which the Association has obtained them, should the data subject withdraw the consent and the Association has no other legal basis for processing, should the data subject object to the processing or should the Association process the personal data unlawfully; should the subject of processing represent legal documents that contain personal data, the data subject may request return of these documents (“the right to erasure”);
- limitation of processing of personal data, should any of the reasons indicated in the General Data Protection Regulation and Act on Personal Data Protection be fulfilled; for example if the data subject notifies the Association that it processes incorrect personal data about the data subject, he/she may request that this personal data is not processed until it is rectified (“the right to limitation”);
- obtaining of personal data that is related to the data subject and that it provided to the Association in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format; the data subject has the right to transfer this personal data to another controller if technically possible and if the conditions provisioned in the General Data Protection Regulation and Act on Personal Data Protection are complied with (“the right to portability”);
- to object to processing of personal data due to reasons related to a specific situation, in relation to the data that concerns the data subject and is essential to fulfil the task executed in public interest, including objection against profiling; to object against processing of personal data for the purposes of direct marketing without the data subject’s consent including profiling in the extent to which it is related to such direct marketing (“the right to object”);
- to object that any decision of the Association with legal effect that is related to the data subject or significantly influences the data subject and is based solely on automated data processing, including profiling not concern the given data subject, unless the General Data Protection Regulation and Act on Personal Data Protection state otherwise (“automated decision-making including profiling”);
- to withdraw his/her consent with the processing of personal data provided to the Association with immediate effect (“the right to withdraw consent”);
- in case of a suspicion that his/her personal data is processed unlawfully, to file a proposal to initiate proceeding on the protection of personal data with the Office for Personal Data Protection of the Slovak Republic with official seat at Hraničná 4826/12, 820 07 Bratislava, Slovak Republic, phone no.: + 421 2 3231 3220, www.dataprotection.gov.sk.
Should the data subject have no full legal capacity, his/her rights pursuant to General Data Protection Regulation and Act on Personal Data Protection may be enforced by the data subject’s legal representative. Pursuant to General Data Protection Regulation and Act on Personal Data Protection, the rights of the data subject that is not alive anymore may be enforced by the data subject’s close relative.
5. How data subjects may claim their rights
With respect to the potential risks of abuse and to ensure the protection of data subjects’ personal data, the Association determines the means of communication that may be used to react to a request by a data subject in relation to the personal data processed by the Association. The Association also considers the technical aspects of some of the data subject’s rights and adjusts the means of communication to ensure the provision of these rights to the data subject. If in doubt with regards to the identity of the data subject, the Association is entitled to ask the data subject to provide additional verification of his/her identity.
Data subject may claim his/her rights in the following ways:
- in person, at the secretariat of the Slovak Gas and Oil Association;
- by postal services in a letter (the signature of the data subject must be notarized) sent to the address of the Slovak Gas and Oil Association;
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org;
6. Automated decision-making and profiling
In some cases, Slovak Gas and Oil Association performs automated decision-making including profiling of personal data of the data subject with legal effect, which concerns the data subject or may significantly influence him/her. In such cases, the Association shall notify the data subject in a suitable manner.
To this end, Slovak Gas and Oil Association may inform about the most suitable actions the data subject who had previously provided personal data to the Association during any past participation in the Association’s events (application form).
As a result of analysis and evaluation of interests by the data subject, the offers of Association activities (conferences, seminars on various topics) are adjusted to be as close as possible to the needs of the data subject.